ABOUT RICHA NAVEED AHAMED
RICHA NAVEED AHAMED
- Machine Learning
- Protein Chemistry
- Scientific Writing
- Sequence Alignment
I have recently finished my JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Postdoctoral tenure at Kuroda Laboratory, Dept. of Biotech. & Life Sci., Tokyo, Japan and moved to Fujairah. I completed my Ph.D. from SASTRA University, Tamil Nadu, India. I have worked in the field of genome analysis, phylogeny, algorithm development and protein structural bioinformatics. So far, I have published 14 research papers in various international journals. I have also reviewed research papers for a few publications.
During my Ph.D., I had also worked as a teaching assistant for a year and occasionally substituted lecturer for B.Tech (Bioinfo.) and M.Tech (Bioinfo.), classes and delivered a lecture on topics related to bioinformatics. As a JSPS fellow, I was also fortunate enough to interact twice with High School (Japanese) students and explain them my research work during the Science Dialogue Program.
Here, I am specially interested in projects related to protein structure and function analysis.
Bioinformatics & Biotechnology
PERL, C, Python, R, Shell
Past & ongoing projects:
1. Development of an SVM-based tool for Helical Domain linker pRediction using OPtimal features
2. Computational Tools for Predicting Cryptic Intermediates and Metastable States in the Unfolding Kinetics of Proteins under Native Conditions
3. Insilico Analysis of Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Kinase Kinase (MAPKKK) gene family in Rice
4. Molecular dynamic analysis of small peptide
5. Physiochemical and Phylogenetic Analysis of Peroxiredoxin among Cyanobacterial species
Work History (0)
There are no activities yet.